Sanyo Xacti Digital Recorder

Sanyo Xacti Digital Recorder

Videos by American Songwriter

Videos by American Songwriter

Sanyo Xacti Digital Recorder
List Price: $149.00

When inspiration strikes, it’s best not to trust that hook or lyric to memory, but to record it some way. Sanyo’s Xacti digital recorder allows you to capture the magic as either an MP3 or a high quality WAVE file that can be directly transferred into your computer and DAW program for editing. Unlike a cell phone, which some songwriters use for ideas, the petite Xacti (3.75” x 1.5” x .33”) is packed with features specially-made to record music. The user has the ability to turn off the built-in limiter and/or EQ, select quality mode, and select whether the source will be the Xacti’s internal stereo mics or an external source. Or, the songwriter can simply select the Music Scene mode that switches all of the above to a preset that functions in 99% of all situations, and can be modified for the other 1%. The Xacti even has a built-in playback speaker so recordings can be reviewed without headphones. The Xacti performed flawlessly for recording a full band by simply selecting the Music Scene mode and adjusting the recording volume for the band’s loud performance. After that, recording an acoustic work tape was a cakewalk. And once hooked up to the computer, the Xacti simply functioned as an external hard drive. Finding and loading the files was as easy as recording them. Sanyo’s Xacti works equally well as well as either an audio notepad or field recorder.

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Koss KEB40 Earbud Headphones

On Tour With The Giving Tree Band: “California, Halloween Night”