Videos by American Songwriter
You’ve got questions, the Black Crowes have answers.
On August 3, the same day that the Black Crowes will release their unplugged double-album Croweology, the band will start streaming daily webisodes on Blackcrowes.com. Dubbed “20 Years of Tall Tales,” the web series was shot by director John Vanover, and looks to unveil the remaining secrets surrounding one of modern rock’s most storied bands.
According to the press release, “20 Years of Tall Tales” will address the following:
• Did the Black Crowes — a band that has never played it musically or commercially safe nd at times been crucified for it–really spend $1,000,000 recording an album (Tall) that went unreleased for more than a decade?
• What really happened in that Denver convenience store that led to CHRIS’ arrest?
• Why was the band really fired from the Aerosmith tour before being reinstated?
• What really went on in the studio the night the band held a bacchanalia for the amorica album?
• What really drives the relationship between Chris and his brother, guitarist Rich Robinson?
• How did the union of The Black Crowes and Oasis on the “Tour of Brotherly Love” actually cancel out the feuds of both bands’ brothers?
• And what about the band’s recently announced lengthy hiatus that will begin when their upcoming “SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BAD GUYS 2010” tour ends this year with an epic six-night stand in San Francisco at The Fillmore December 12-19?
For more info and to pre-order the album, head to Blackcrowes.com.