DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 5, 2014
Wanna win $1,500 in cash, a Santa Cruz guitar and a performing slot at American Songwriter’s 30th Anniversary party in early 2015? Well, you’ve come to the right place. To help celebrate our three decades in the magazine business, American Songwriter is launching a multi-genre songwriting competition. For this contest, entrants will submit a video performance of an original song.
Entries will will be judged in each of the five different genre categories: Pop, Country, Hip Hop/R&B, Rock, Americana/Roots. There is a $25 per song fee for each genre designated by the entrant. One winner from each genre will be chosen by the contest judges. American Songwriter readers will then vote for the grand prize winner from among the field of genre winners. Entries accepted August 1 – November 5, 2014. Winners will be announced November 22.
INDIVIDUAL GENRE PRIZES:
- $250 cash
- Tunecore One-year album distribution
- Notion 5 Software
- Presonus Eris 4.5 monitors
- One year Nimbit Premium
- LR Baggs Para DI
- Blackwing Pencil gift box and Slate Journal
In addition, the GRAND WINNER PRIZE receives:
- $1500 ($250 plus $1250 grand prize money)
- 1 Santa Cruz OM Grand Guitar with mahogany neck, sitka spruce top and Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard overlay and bridge (complete specs at www.santacruzguitar.com/instruments/om-grand). Retail price $4,950.00
- Feature performance at the American Songwriter 30th Anniversary Party (in late January or early February, 2015) plus domestic airfare to Nashville, TN and two nights in a luxury hotel.
- Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2AI digital mixer, Sceptre 6 monitors, Monitor Station 2
- LR Baggs Venue DI
- Tunecore Distribution and Music Publishing Package
Feel free to email us at: email@example.com if you have any questions.