For more than a decade, Zac Brown Band has topped the charts, with six consecutive albums reaching the top 10 on the Billboard 200 and five consecutive albums debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Country Albums chart. On August 27, the multi-Grammy Award-winning supergroup announced their seventh studio album, The Comeback, available October 15 via Warner Music Nashville/Home Grown Music.
Emerging from a polarizing era, the band released their lead single, “Same Boat” on June 11. The unifying track is a gentle reminder that we can peacefully agree to disagree. Setting the tone for the rest of the 15-track collection, the single is climbing toward the top of country charts with over 30 million streams to date.
“The Comeback celebrates our collective resilience as a community,” Brown shares in a press statement. “This music is about standing together and rediscovering our roots and what makes us human. We feel incredibly blessed to be back out on the road again, sharing these new songs with our fans. The only good thing about getting knocked down is The Comeback when it comes back around.”
Heralding the album, the band shares another preview of the forthcoming project, their emotive new single, “Slow Burn”. The nostalgic track, written by Brown, Simonetti, and Ben Hayslip, conjures up with palpable emotion of revisiting places that bring back memories of first love.
“‘Slow Burn’ is definitely about that first, young love,” Brown explains. “There are very specific memories that are tied to being in love for the first time. ‘Slow Burn’ captures the feeling of going back to places where the details of all those experiences that helped shape you come rushing back.”
The Comeback follows The Owl (2019), which debuted at No.2 on the Billboard 200 Chart. “Slow Burn” joins a collection of strong introductory singles, including “Stubborn Pride”—a searing soul-funk collaboration with breakthrough guitar phenom, Marcus King. Co-written with Simonetti, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, and Jonathan Singleton, “Paradise Lost On Me” welcomes the familiar sounds of island-infused country music. “Old Love Song,” another Simonetti-Singleton co-write, also credits Luke Combs. The swinging single is a ZBB take on traditional country influences.
THE COMEBACK TRACKLISTING
- Slow Burn – Zac Brown, Ben Hayslip, Ben Simonetti
- Out In The Middle – Zac Brown, Luke Combs, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Wild Palomino – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Us Against The World – Zac Brown, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Same Boat – Zac Brown, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Stubborn Pride (feat. Marcus King) – Zac Brown, Marcus King, Ben Simonetti
- Fun Having Fun – Zac Brown, Kenny Habul, Kurt Thomas, Ben Simonetti
- The Comeback – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ray Fulcher, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Old Love Song – Zac Brown, Luke Combs, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Any Day Now – Zac Brown, Clay Cook, Josh Dunne, Ray Fulcher, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Paradise Lost On Me – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- GA Clay – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Neil Mason, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Love & Sunsets – Zac Brown, Luke Dick, Ben Simonetti
- Closer To Heaven (feat. Gregory Porter) – Zac Brown, John Driskell Hopkins, Ben Simonetti
- Don’t Let Your Heart – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Levi Lowrey, Jimmy De Martini, Ben Simonetti